Hi, my name is Alex Fitzpatrick. I’m a zooarchaeologist and finishing PhD researcher at the University of Bradford.
I received my BA in Classical Archaeology, Anthropology, and Special Honours from CUNY Hunter College in 2015.
In 2016, I received my MSc in Archaeological Sciences from the University of Bradford. My dissertation was titled Fishing, Diet, and Environment in the Iron Age of the Northern Isles.
I am currently finishing my PhD in Archaeology, also at the University of Bradford. My dissertation is titled Ritual and Funerary Rites in Later Prehistoric Scotland: An Analysis of Faunal Assemblages from the Covesea Caves.
For inquiries, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am currently looking for research and commercial positions based in the United Kingdom starting in January 2022, including freelance opportunities – please do not hesitate to get in contact with me if you’re looking to discuss a potential project! My current CV can be downloaded below.
Current Research Interests
- Decolonising Zooarchaeology
- Decolonising Prehistoric Archaeology
- Decolonising Natural History
- Decolonising Archaeology through Anarchist Practice and Theory
- Using Accountability Practices to Decolonise Archaeology
- Ritual and Funerary Zooarchaeology
- Non-Anthropocentric and Post-Humanist Approaches to Zooarchaeology
- Effects of Colonisation on Introductions and Extinctions of Species
- Embracing Archival Research for Future Zooarchaeology
- Ethical Approaches to Zooarchaeology
- Current Issues in Archaeology
- Ableism, Sexism, and Toxic Masculinity in Archaeology
- Mental Health in Archaeology
- Racism in British Archaeology
- Immigration and Borders in Archaeology
Other Places to Find Me
- Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (FSA Scot)
- International Council of Archaeozoology (ICAZ)
- Association of Environmental Archaeology (AEA)
- Prehistoric Society
- Glasgow Natural History Society (GNHS)
- Society for the History of Natural History (SHNH)
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-5447-2252
Also, I have no idea how to ride a bike.