- Emotional Labor and Heart Work: Addressing Mental Illness in Ethnography – co-authored with Emma Louise Backe, The New Ethnographer: An Inclusive Guide to Navigating Contemporary Challenges in Ethnographic Fieldwork , SAGE Publishing (Forthcoming 2022)
- Precarity as a Migrant Family Tradition – A Day is a Struggle (2021)
- So…is Archaeology Decolonized Yet? – New Voices in Postcolonial Studies, Summer (2021), p. 29-33
- Accountability in Action: How Can Archaeology Make Amends? – Special Issue: Inequality and Race in the Histories of Archaeology. Bulletin of the History of Archaeology (2021), p. 14-16.
- New Light on the Covesea Caves, north-east Scotland – co-authored with Lindsey Büster and Ian Armit, PAST 96, Autumn (2020), p. 2-5
- In the Future, We Will Create a Typology for Thrift Store Tags – Barrow 4. (2020), p. 26-27.
- A Brief Consideration of the Late Prehistoric Appearance and Possible Significance of the Great Auk (Pinguinus impennis) in the Covesea Caves of North-East Scotland – co-authored with Julie Bond, Lindsey Büster, and Ian Armit, The Glasgow Naturalist 27(2) (2020)
- Identification of Avian Remains from Covesea Cave 2 on the Moray Firth Coast, Northeastern Scotland – Cave & Karst Science 46(3) (2019), p. 115-117
- Fish Bones, Microscopes, and Isotopes: A Pilot Study in Applying Analytical Methods to Iron Age Faunal Remains – Assemblage 17 (2019), p. 1-10
- What Does a PhD Mean in a Pandemic? – Scientists Are Human (2020)
- Dogs, Not Dinos! The Truth About Zooarchaeology – Dig It! (2020)
- You Will Never Be Indiana Jones– Lady Science (2020)
- To Be the Curator, and Not the Curated – SISTER (2019)
- Zooarchaeology: Ritual and Funeral Burials in the Covesea Caves – Ask an Archaeologist, hosted by Behind the Trowel (2021)
- Cave of Wonders: Ritual and Funerary Zooarchaeology at the Covesea Caves – Current Archaeology Live (2021)
- From Trenches to TV: The 21st Century Archaeologist – Festival of Archaeology, hosted by Shout Out Loud (2020)
- Animal Bones and Archaeology – ArchaeoDuck’s Meet the Archaeologist (2018)
- ArchaeoAnimals Podcast – Host (Ongoing)
- The Trial of the Tomb Raider – Hey, Lesson! Podcast (2021)
- The Anti-Indiana Jones Approach: Decolonizing Zooarchaeology – PhDivas Podcast (2020)
- Phinishing Your PhD During a Pandemic – PhDivas Podcast (2020)
- Zooarchaeology with Alex Fitzpatrick – The Palmer Files Podcast (2020)
- #DiggingWhileDepressed, Mental Health, and Archaeology– Women in Archaeology Podcast (2019)
- How Do We Study Zooarchaeology of Bronze Age Scotland? – The Arch and Anth Podcast (2019)
- Interview with Alex Fitzpatrick – Ask an Archaeologist Podcast (2018)
- Zooarchaeology – Women in Archaeology Podcast (2018)
- How Dogs (Eventually) Became Our Best Friends – PBS Eons (2020)
- Ritual and Funerary Rites in Later Prehistoric Scotland – Society of Antiquaries of Scotland (2019)
- How We Domesticated Cats (Twice) – PBS Eons (2019)
- When Giant Deer Roamed Eurasia – PBS Eons (2019)
- There is Power in the Past: The Politicization of Archaeology and Heritage in the Star Wars Universe – co-author with Stephanie Halmhofer, Realizing Resistance Episode II: Uncharted Galaxies (2021)
- On Liminality: Space, Time, and Identities – Spring into Science: Queer Representation in Research (2021)
- Beyond Domestication and Subsistence: A Call for a Decolonised Zooarchaeology – Decolonising Science Narratives (2019)
- #DiggingWhileDepressed: A Call for Mental Health Awareness in Archaeology – Public Archaeology Twitter Conference (2019)
- Should We Respect Rover’s Remains? A Discussion on Ethics, or the Lack Thereof, in Zooarchaeology – Animal Remains Conference (2019)
- The WordPress Workshop: Blogging as a Method for Theory Development – PressEd Conference (2019)
- No Margins, No Word Counts, No Masters! Experimenting with ‘Zines for Archaeological Outreach – Public Archaeology Twitter Conference (2019)
- Black Flags and Black Trowels: Embracing Anarchy in Interpretation and Practice – Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference (2018)
- Caves of Wonder: A Preliminary Analysis of the Faunal Assemblages from the Covesea Caves, NE Scotland – British Cave Research Association Symposium (2018)
- The World Wide Reference Collection: Zooarchaeological Twitter and the Case for an International Zooarchaeology Database – Computer Applications in Archaeology Twitter Conference (2018)
- Things Worth Telling: Considering the Narrative in Environmental Archaeology – co-author with Valerie San Filippo, Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference (2017)
- Fishing, Diet, and Environment in the Iron Age of the Northern Isles – Iron Age Research Society Student Symposium (2017)
- Ritual and Funerary Rites in Later Prehistoric Scotland: An Analysis of Faunal Assemblages from the Covesea Caves – PhD Thesis (2020)
- Fishing, Diet, and Environment in the Iron Age of the Northern Isles – MSc Thesis (2016)
- Fitzpatrick, A. (2021) Faunal Report: Ilorin, Nigeria, West Africa.
- Fitzpatrick, A. (2021) Faunal Report: Republik Freies Wendland.
- Fitzpatrick, A. (2020) Faunal Report: Raunds 3014.
- Fitzpatrick, A. (2020) Faunal Assessment Report: CCP Excavation Season 2018.
- Fitzpatrick, A. (2019) An overview of the faunal assemblage. In L Büster and I Armit (eds) The Covesea Caves Project Fieldwork 2018. Unpublished Data Structure Report. pgs. 27-29.